Lecture 15: Cameras & Lenses (12)

The pattern shown in the smaller left image here is called a bayer filter and I believe is used in virtually every digital camera. Captain Disillusion has a great video which covers Bayer filters at this timestamp: https://youtu.be/aO3JgPUJ6iQ?t=271

I was wondering if computer graphics ever emulate a bayer filter for any reason, since they are such an important technology to world of digital imaging. I found this really interesting paper from CMU about distinguishing photorealistic CG from real images through the use of some of the artifacts caused by debayering!

You must be enrolled in the course to comment