Lecture 5: Texture Mapping (90)
StaffMichaelRenMR

Nanite is a high quality texture engine which is part of Unreal Engine 5. Take a look at this video and share what you found interesting!

CharlesLiu02

I found it interesting how Lumen, the lighting system, was able to implement a global illumination system that dynamically reacted to changes in light sources. I wonder how they were able to accurately and quickly calculate how light bounces off all the objects in the scene.

madssnake

Alongside the impressive global illumination implementation, I thought the sounds aspect was cool as well - I hadn't really considered sound as part of texture (although not part of the "graphics" aspect). I thought it was cool how the different reactions to sound and sound bounce/echo were also taken into account in the design and live play

nociza

The actual implementation of nanite rendering in the Engine is even more interesting. I found this awesome talk from one of its creators https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRnj_lnpORU&t=2002s&ab_channel=High-PerformanceGraphics