Lecture 17: Physical Simulation (2)
myxamediyar

A very interesting intersection of physics and graphics. I like how basic equations from mechanics help us model such complicated shapes. Looking forward to learning more about it and applying this knowledge

danielhsu021202

I assume this would have a tradeoff between accuracy, fluidity/convincingness, and efficiency, since to simulate one-to-one reality means simulating an absurd amount of particles, but approximating this with not enough particles in the simulation also leads to unrealistic-looking simulations. It'd be interesting to find out how these choices are made, and to what extent do we not perceive the difference

grafour

I think it's quite brilliant to use springs to simulate a cloth. Maybe I haven't had a lot of exposure to this topic before, but spring was definitely not the first thing that popped into my head when thinking about simulating cloth.

oliver-ni

It's really cool how graphics is bringing together concepts from all sorts of subfields of physics and math

wilrothman

It was interesting to see in this class how basic physics and approximation can be used to model very complicated physical problems like cloths and hair. I especially found self-collision quite interesting.

yangbright-2001

Physically-based animation is the modeling of an object's motion w.r.t to the time. The modeling in this slide is assuming that its motion is like a projectile motion, variable "a" is the vector sum of all the other forces impose on the object