Lecture 4: Transforms (69)
brianqch

Using some of the information in lecture 5 about screen spaces, I wanted to know if a projection of something in camera space onto the image plane through a transform is the same thing as seeing something in screen space. Does this mean that image plane is the same as screen space?

laurenz06

This might have been covered in previous slides or lectures but why do we want to be able to keep converting between a 3D camera space to 2D image plane?

adam2451

One example of why we'd want to from 3D space to a 2D image plane is in the case of videogames. We'd want to be able to convert the video games three dimensional world space onto the two dimensional screen we are playing the game on.

brianqch

I just thought of something as I was reviewing these slides. I'm not sure if I am thinking of this correctly but if we simply delete z in orthographic projection, wouldn't we have extra information that would be projected onto the imagep lane. For example, if we had a box in the x y z plane and on the side that faces us we had an X mark and on the side facing opposite of us we an a circle. Wouldn't deleting z mean we would see both the X mark and the circle?