Lecture 6: The Rasterization Pipeline (6)
muuncakez

clarification questions: is surface representations handled just by visual mapping as discussed in lecture 5? Or is it usually multiple layers to handle the high complexity? Is materials an additional texture that goes "below" or "on top" of representation? Do the real lenses create focusing and optical effects that are not usually present when viewed by the human eye? If so, does it become more a stylistic choice to maintain the look from camera lenses or to maintain "reality"?

llejj

This reminds me of a video I watched where someone simulates a camera on their computer. Basically it simulates the ways light rays would interact with the internal components of a camera and generates photos in the style of being taken by a camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9rEQAGpLw

stang085

@muuncakez based on the little experience I have with blender, I feel like there are multiple layers to the representation, and depending on how you layer them, you can get different effects with different components. I also think that our eyes are also similar to cameras, because we also have the ability to focus near and far, which can make rendered objects look much more real

yangbright-2001

Generally, what we can see is formed as a result of light (how the ray of light reflects into our eyes), to this extent, the "image" formation of eyes and camera lenses are quite similar

rohan19a

Interesting. It is interesting that these three elements can capture images.