Lecture 7: Bezier Curves & Surfaces (63)
razvanturcu

This almost feels like the bilinear interpolation we learned in the texture mapping lecture. I try to memorate it as a recursive application of the bilinear interpolation (over and over again) until we get the desired polynomial. I am curious of what the limitations of this algorithm are since if we are using it with recursion? Will it be efficient enough for a consuming task such as CGI animations?

SuryaTalla22

I am also wondering how we can reconstruct the Bezier points from a given curve, or if this is even possible.

marilynjoyce

It's so interesting how this works to form a curve. Reconstructing the points from interpolation given a curve, as mentioned above, I feel would be pretty difficult, because can two of the same curves have different Bezier points?

0-0-00-0

@SuryaTalla22 You could do it with the equation of the curve (if the equations are known)

noah-ku

It's really cool to see how the Bezier curve smooths out as you continue with more steps given a certain t. I wonder how many number of steps it takes to give the line a "smooth" effect and whether that number scales with the position of the points.