Lecture 15: Cameras & Lenses (45)
alexkassil

Whats the difference between exposure and just doing a flat addition/subtraction for each pixel (bounded between 0 to 255)

Leo-godel

Exposure is defined as time * irradiance. I think it refers to under which situation or settings the photos are taken. Not the modification operation to photos.

RCD-Y

Exposure levels are almost like decibels, both use a log scale.

briana-jin-zhang

I feel like it is interesting how both more exposure and more ray bounces seem to yield this same effect of "more light" but the reality is that in exposure, the reason why there is actually more light is because we are integrating it over time, whereas for ray bounces, we are just increasing more and more until we get arbitrarily-close-but-never-exactly-right amount of light in a scene.

han20192019

I think exposure time has relationship with how much light we allow to enter. So the longer the exposure time is, the more bright the image is. But I'm still a little bit confused about how does the camera actually "saves" the amount of light?

han20192019

daniswords

Is exposure when taking a photo the same thing as exposure when editing a photo? I would think that they are different, since the exposure when taking a photo is just using the real subjects. I wonder how this is mimicked when editing a photo.