Lecture 21: Intro to Color Science (18)
jerryzhucs21

I didn't know that your language shapes your perception of color! I wonder how growing up knowing multiple languages would affect your perception of color.

sethzhao506

I wanna know what kinds of properties would change human's perception on color and how AI might perceive color in different scenes.

zehao-sean-huang

I look forward to learning about how modern computer screens produce colors in pixels that are accurate in human eyes.

jenny-xiang

I am really curious about if it's possible to model/mimic the world view of color-blind people or other kinds of color vision deficiency.

DanielMolina24

I'd want to learn how different types of animals perceive color and why its different from people! I've heard dogs see color very differently from people for example

ochan1

I know that different colors do have an impact on the feeling of people. For example, the reason why things that screen alerts like Stop signs, Red lights, and alarms are usually associated with red color is because red is associated with attention or danger. Cool colors like blue or green calms the body which is also why a sunny day may be associated with a happy time.

RCD-Y

Very curious as to how tetrachromacy feels like!

yuhany1024

Here's a cool paper which improves human's color vision by breaking binocular redundancy: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30403-y.

zhangyifei-chelsea

I am curious about the cause of color blindness or color vision deficiency, and are there any ways to cure them?

ZizhengTai

Mantis shrimp can see a lot more colors than humans can! They can "perceive wavelengths of light ranging from deep ultraviolet (UVB) to far-red (300 to 720 nm) and polarized light." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp)

hku8

I'm curious to learn more about why it is just blue light that disrupts sleep patterns, and how blue light glasses work to mitigate that effect