Lecture 16: Intro to Animation (15)
lucywan

It's so interesting to me that this is the first hand-drawn animation. I watched Snow White growing up but I did not realize it was ground breaking in terms of animation.

aramk-hub

The power of hand-drawn animation is impressive. To me at least, I somewhat enjoy this type of animation more than CG animation in something like Toy Story. Something about hand-drawn animation relays emotions like no other and has its own awesome features that CG can't replicate. Another example of this is how season 1 of Spongebob was hand-drawn but transferred to CG afterwards, the difference is noticeable, and almost everyone prefers the hand-drawn animation. I wonder why this specifically.

melodysifry

It's fascinating to see how much animation has progressed since then, but it's still incredibly impressive knowing that this was the first ever hand drawn feature length animation considering how gorgeous and smooth the visuals in this movie are.

aliner-wang

I think something underrated is the amount of work animators put in to produce scenes in movies. A 1 minute animation could be over 300 scenes drawn alone. In fact, 1 attack on titan episode (roughly 20 seconds) is around 5000 - 10000 scenes alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvj-XnVKQI8