Lecture 18: Color Science (56)
NicholasDrian

This really goes to show how feeble human perception is. I no longer trust my vision.

micahtyong

This example particularly surprised me! When Professor Ren performed these illusions, the colors on this image remained the longest and I didn't realize that it was a black and white image until he said so. I'm surprised because this image has the most level of detail out of the other image. I wonder if the level of detail in an image would have that sort of effect, where our brain spends more time coloring the images with more detail before realizing that the image has no color at all.

somaniarushi

This example is so fascinating! When swiping to this slide, I see the green afterimage, then see it fade away and the image settle to its black and white true self. Making me question my reliance on my own vision

BohanYu

I was so tricked by this after-image effect that I tried to pause the video to see if the color is actually green or not. This reminds me of Nutrition 10 at Berkeley, in which it taught about theories that try to explain this effect: Young-Helmholtz trichromatic theory and opponent-process theory. I highly recommend checking these out.