Lecture 13: Global Illumination & Path Tracing (58)
brandonlouie

Something I find interesting in this photo is the reflection in the left sphere. It's cool to see the right sphere in the left, but it makes me wonder why the reflection of the right sphere in the left sphere is much less illuminated than it actually appears. I suppose it has something to do with the wall that the camera has its back to and the right sphere's location with respects to it. I thought maybe that the reflection of the right sphere in the left sphere might be more similar to the actual sphere since the reflection would catch a similar amount of light present in the right sphere (I'm not sure that I'm explaining my thoughts very well haha)

adam2451

How do we decide when to stop? How fast can we expect convergence to occur?

ttalati

Maybe this is a dumb question but is there any scenario at least in this model of light propagation, where increasing layers of iterating our global illumination algorithm may decrease the amount of light (like some sort of interference occurs) instead of the case right now where it just seems that every layer just has a superposition effect.

cvankeuren

When I look at this image, the first thing that comes to mind is a situation where you take a picture using a camera, but your exposure is way too high. In both cases we're increasing the amount of light that appears in the scene/image, but I'm wondering if there is any connection in terms of how the sensors work for exposure in a camera and too much bouncing of light like we see here.

zy5476

Looking at this sequence I was wondering if there was any specific rule or law that would help determine the optimal stopping point for the sum sequence similar to the nyquist frequency.