Lecture 15: Cameras & Lenses (42)
charshou

How do phone cameras automatically adjust these types of settings when we take a picture? What type of metrics do they use?

sebzhao

I think it's similar to how auto works in DSLR cameras, but I believe they can actually analyze the signature of the light and try to match it with "good" profiles, so if your light exposure is too low or the color-grading is off, it adjusts it to some standard.

andrewn3672

The relationship between these 3 values is very clear to me. Carefully adjusting these 3 values help balance everything as each component also affects other values. For example, aperture size is also inversely related to depth of field. This means if we want a larger depth of field, we would need a smaller aperture size, but this would lead to less exposure. We can balance this out by increasing shutter speed for example.

aishikbhattacharyya

When ISO values become high, more noise is introduced into the image so I wonder when it'd be useful to put it up that high.

S-Muddana

Here's a really nice playlist of short videos explain camera basics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBWs5dCYykYXo6VmL9EuetvoLSH8bEHlt