Lecture 19: Intro To Color Science (78)
s3kim2018

I was wondering, just like a computer graphics problem, is there a sampling frequency problem to be though of here? In order to measure watts/nm, we would have to sample the amount of light present at each small area, and sort of average it out to fill a nanometer. Is there a good way to sample? Or can the whole area be sampled perfectly without bias?

el-refai

I don't fully see why trhe SPD for sunlight would be sort of linear like this. I would've assumed that it'd instead be more flat with equal proportions of all wavelengths. Also correct me if Im wrong but doesn't SPD also help show the chemical composition of the sun as different elements emit different wavelengths of light at these high temperatures.

Rogeryu1234

There is always one question, why the sky is blue and the cloud is white. And this slide gives the answer to it from the perspective of color science! It is all illustrated by the spectrum. We can see that for the sky there are more power spectrum around the blue spectrum. For the sun, it is white light, which consisted of seven colors.