Lecture 25: Virtual & Augmented Reality (26)
tyleryath

It's surprising how well Google Cardboard works! I've tried the roller coaster demo and it felt really immersive. I've yet to try a more advanced VR headset, but I'm looking forward to the day that I do.

zsano1

It seems we can build up our onw cardboard following google's instructions! Here is what to do. https://vr.google.com/cardboard/manufacturers/

horrorsheep

Since it uses a phone's screen directly, the resolution of its display matters a lot on the sharpness of images in the VR world.

julialuo

Interesting that phone resolution matters a lot more in this context. Typically the eyes can barely distinguish between a full HD screen and any higher resolution screen (FHD, QHD). With VR though I believe the differences in resolution would become a lot more apparent (as discussed later in the lecture).

aparikh98

This is a really cool experience when used with a phone with a nice display (newer galaxies work well), especially for a short period of time. Its amazing how much a few lenses and some software can do!